The mission of the usher at St. Uriel's is hospitality: making parishioners, guests, and visitors welcome and comfortable as we gather for our Eucharistic celebration. Our ushers are able to see Christ in each person as they arrive.
This ministry is open to all parishioners: men and women; senior citizens, parents and teenagers. Ushers are friendly people who welcome equally people of all ages, backgrounds, races, and nationalities. Ushers are honest and dependable. They can handle emergency situations with courage and composure. They carry a dignity about themselves even when performing menial tasks. Those duties include:
- Greeting parishioners attending Mass
- Assisting with seating
- Selecting and assisting parishioners as gift bearers for the Offertory Gifts
- Collecting monetary offerings
- Distributing Church bulletins and handouts
- Securing Church facilities following all liturgical celebrations
- Handling emergency situations with courage and composure
Additional ushers are always needed.