This ministry is for people who want to further explore the Healing Ministry of Christ. The our OSL group sponsors various classes in the Healing ministry, parish blood drive, prayer teams, and sponsors healing missions and seminars.
Prayer teams are available in the Lady Chapel at the conclusion of each of the Sunday Masses. The prayer team ministry is to "love, listen, and pray" for the needs and concerns of those who seek deeper prayer ministry.
The International Order of St. Luke the Physician is the outgrowth of the Fellowship of St. Luke, begun in 1932 by the late Father John Gaynor Banks, S.T.D.
The main objectives of the Order include:
- restoring of the apostolic practice of healing as taught and demonstrated by Jesus Christ;
- promoting the practice of holding healing Masses and other healing liturgies in every church;
- promoting a sound pastoral and counseling ministry;
- develop and promote healing missions, workshops, and prayer groups;
- conducting Healing Missions and teaching Christians how to pray for healing,
- placing healing literature in churches and hospitals.
Members of the Order of St. Luke the Physician believe that God's desire for us is wholeness and health. God uses many agencies for healing, some spiritual such as prayer, love, faith, and the laying on of hands; some medical, such as medicines, surgery, and psychology. These agencies should be supportive of each other. Christian healing comes about through subjecting of one's entire life to the scrutiny and counsel of God. God works through human channels to heal.
Courses which are offered:
- Basic Order of St. Luke Class
- Christian Healing Ministries [Level I and Level II]
[Francis and Judith MacNutt, Jacksonville, Florida]
- Foundation Course: Developing Prayer Team Ministry [Christian Healing Ministries: Norma Dearing
Latest Course Just Completed:
"School of Healing Prayer"
This course is sponsored by the Order of St. Luke and is open to every member of the parish. You do NOT have to be in the Order of St. Luke!
The School of Healing Prayer®, developed by Christian Healing Ministries in Jacksonville, FL, is designed to teach individuals, churches, prayer groups and other Christian organizations about Christian healing.
The class will be a 13 week course beginning 7:00pm, Wednesday March 16 - June 15.
- Praying for Forgiveness
- Understanding Generational Healing
- Healing of Spiritual Abuse
- How to Pray for Inner Healing
- Conception to Birth Prayer
- Healing of Sexual Abuse
- Healing in Marriage
- Healing the Wounds of Divorce
- How to Pray for Deliverance
- Healing of Abortion and Miscarriage
Prayer Teams Schedule:
April 21 Jeff Thorpe and Marjory Black
April 28 Joe Mahon and Emily Conover
May 5 Jack Brisben and Cynthia Griffin
May 12 Jeff Thorpe and Susan Morasch
May 19 Tom Burkard and Judy Bennett
May 26 Joe Mahon and Barbara Burkard
June 2 Tom Burkard
June 9 Jack Brisben and Emily Conover
June 16 Tom Burkard and Barbara Burkard
June 23 Cynthia Griffin and Susan Morasch
June 30 Jeff Thorpe
July 7 Tom Burkard and Emily Conover
July 14 Jack Brisben and Judy Bennett
July 21 Barbara Burkard and Susan Morasch
July 28 Jeff Thorpe and Marjory Black
Aug. 4 Joe Mahon and Emily Conover
Aug. 11 Jack Brisben and Judy Bennett
Aug. 18 Cynthia Griffin and Susan Morasch
Aug. 25 Jeff Thorpe
Sept. 1 Joe Mahon and Emily Conover
Sept. 8 Jack Brisben and Judy Bennett
Sept. 15 Cynthia Griffin and Tom Burkard
Sept. 22 Jeff Thorpe
Sept. 29 Joe Mahon and Barbara Burkard